Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Just A Few Of My Favorite Things...

So... I wasn't able to finish my daughters bed. I know, huge procrastinator. But seriously, it's a huge project and when you have kids, a dog, a life... I tend to push off all my fun projects, but I am not doing that anymore! Next week I'm going to have it finished and I will show you all the awesome pictures!

On to this weeks blog. I decided to share with you some of the things that I love. I'm a little late (sorry) to sharing this with you but... Big Ass Sandwiches had a #zagatlovesPDX day yesterday and their Big Ass Sandwich with turkey, ham, or roast beef on the menu was free! FREE! I know, right? This local establishment is owned by Lisa and Brian. It originally started as a food cart, which then turned into two, and then turned into a restaurant off 56th and Glisan. You can't get a better sandwich in Portland. They were also featured on the Travel Channel!
bigasssandwiches.com
instagram.com/bigasssandwiches


I totally checked into that hashtag because I'm sure there will be more free things to come in Portland. For those of you reading who don't live in Portland, you should really come and visit. It's a beautiful city with so much to do! So, after seeing that hashtag, I found out that tomorrow there is another FREE deal! The Waffle Window on SE Hawthorne and NE Alberta is doing free waffles in blueberry cheesecake and banana nutella. 
wafflewindow.com
instagram.com/wafflewindow


If you haven't noticed, I really like free stuff... It's the best, you really can't beat it!

During the summer I love taking the young one swimming! And guess what?! Free swimming!! Yep, you heard it... There are multiple community centers all over portland and the surrounding areas that do free swimming on certain days of the week at certain times. I just realized that this swimming free thing ends this week on the 28th of August. But they do it every year! (For future reference.)
portlandoregon.gov/parks/article/489147



(Both these photos were taking by Cody Keto Photography)
instagram.com/codyketophotography
500px.com/codyketophotography

Today we were very lucky to get free haircuts by the one and only Sasha Billings. She is currently in training at the Supercuts off Jennings and McLoughlin in Milwaukie. They are doing free haircuts for training today, tomorrow and Friday (26th, 27th, and 28th) from 9am-3pm. No appointment necessary. The link below just gives you the exact address where they are located!
supercuts.com/locations/or/milwaukie/jennings-plaza-haircuts-9088.html

I saved my most favorite for last... The Movies In The Park. If you haven't done one, boy are you missing out! Sometimes there is free Subway sandwiches, but mostly free popcorn at every location. Sometimes they have newer released movies, and sometimes it's old classics which I thoroughly enjoy!
portlandoregon.gov/parks/article/489142

Right before the movie at 6:30pm they have the live music as well. Again, another of my favorites! Just listening to live music and then snuggling up for a movie on a blanket is the best thing about summer nights!
portlandoregon.gov/parks/article/489141

I'm sure there are so many more free things that I haven't mentioned, plus things that are super cheap! My goal in the summer is to make sure my kids have a full plate, but not cost me a fortune... What ends up happening is they thing we do all this cool stuff and they usually never know I didn't spend a fortune. And that... is PRICELESS!

Thank you so much for reading! I appreciate all the support! Feel free to leave comments if you know of something that is super cheap in the summer or even FREE!! Also, make sure you hit that 'share' feature so that others can read, too!

facebook.com/stephhanna
instagram.com/originaloctogirl
twitter.com/stephhanna
pinterest.com/stephhanna

No comments:

Post a Comment