Monday, August 3, 2015

Hello Blog World!

Hello everyone, my name is Stephanie AKA Octogirl. The Original Octogirl (Original OG... I thought it was funny). Word of warning, I think I'm hilarious... my boyfriend will tell you otherwise. I've been wanting to start a blog for a while now, but had no idea how to get started. Thankfully this platform is so user friendly, because I am so new to this it's not even funny! The reason for starting this blog is to share everything I love and use in my daily life. Also, to share things that I experience. Everything being positive of course! I believe what you put into this world, you will get back in return. I've come to a time in my life where I know exactly what and who I want in my life, and quite the opposite... what and who I don't want in my life.

So, with that being said, this is an introduction to a little bit about me. I am a mother, girlfriend, and lover of life. I am enjoying every single second I get with my kids, my family, and all my amazing friends this summer! I was accepted to the Mental Health, Social Services, and Substance Abuse Program at MHCC. I am counting down the days to Fall term.


My little family consists of myself, my boyfriend Cody, our daughter Dakota, my son Terrel... and our little dog Skye Blu (Skye for short). Dakota is the spitting image of her father. She is beautiful and sassy (I can't imagine where she gets that from)!


My son is my mini me. He is probably the best little man I know. I couldn't imagine life without him... he changed me at such a young age forever, and for the best. He is so incredibly smart, I can't even imagine what he'll be when he grows up because his possibilities are truly endless.


... And our dog... Skye. She's a corgi/pitbull mix. She is incredibly hyper, and extremely strong. The other day I was snuggling her on the floor while she ate her ball (for whatever reason she thinks we are always going to get it) and I was thinking how she makes our little fam bam complete.

You can follow Skye on:
Yes, I'm that crazy dog lady who has an instagram for their dog! It was either that or continue to force everyone following my profile to see all my kid's and dog's pictures.

The man in my life (other than my son) is Cody. He is the most amazing man I've ever met. I always said if I met a man half as great as my papa (grandfather) I'd be the luckiest girl in the world. He is just as great as my papa if not more. I couldn't have asked for someone so amazing. He has all of my heart. Ewww.. I know. 


He's an amazing photographer! He takes all of our photos and more. He's currently booking, so check him out and book your next photo shoot with him!
You can follow him on:
codyketophotography@yahoo.com

A little more about me... I am covered in tattoos (as you can obviously see from the photo above). I have been getting tattooed by Lady Bond for about 7+ years now. I believe that tattoos are body art and I am covering my canvas in beautiful art. Lady Bond owns Temple Of Tattoo located in Downtown Vancouver, WA.


805 Grand Blvd. Vancouver, WA 98661
(360) 694-2663
TheTemple@TempleOfTattoo.com

Most of my work is done by Lady Bond who is the owner at The Temple. She is one of the most talented, sincere, amazing ladies I have ever had the privilege of knowing. She makes the atmosphere so inviting, and even diffuses essential oils for clients while being tattooed. It's the most relaxing thing ever (even though being tattooed isn't always the most comfortable thing). I have so many photos of my tattoos that have been done by her, so I chose this one. It was an amazing day! I dropped of some clothes for a clothing drive they were doing to help support Heart of Ganesh, and she took me for a ride to get some coffee. On the way we found someone who had a lot more items to be donated.



I am currently working on a sleeve that is being done by another artist at The Temple. Ly Horisoda is very talented. I actually won a tattoo from that same clothing drive they were helping! It is one of my favorite pieces. He recently did a mudra on my arm with some unbelievable black and grey roses. I can't wait to see the full arm completed. 



Even more recently I have had some amazing work done by Bond's apprentice, Tyler. He has such a unique style, I had to get some of his work done! So, I did. He did my Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein on my calves. He also did my Walter above my ankle, which I love so very much!




I've also had the privilege of getting smaller tattoos by Velma and Amelia. There are a couple apprentices that I can't wait to get some work done by! Their art work is phenomenal. I adore everyone who works at The Temple and I would recommend any one of them to everyone!

WOW... that was a lot about my tattoos! What can I say... they are amazing!

So in a nutshell, I think this is good for a first blog. Yes? No? Eh, I'll get the hang of it. Thanks so much for reading, and I'll be posting more every week. If you want to follow more than just my blog you can do so on:

Not to brag, but I have a pretty exciting feed on instagram. Just sayin'. Keep checking back with my blog... I'll be sharing my awesome experiences at concerts, vacations, and awesome things in general.

Thanks all!


2 comments: